Butare Ward B, Kyamuhunga Town council, Bushenyi District
Kyamuhunga Peoples Co-operative Savings and Credit Society Ltd (KYAPS) is a growing SACCO whose operations cover Western Uganda. It started her operations on 28th Dec. 1998. KYAPS is a Member founded, Member controlled and Member governed Tier four Financial Institution dully registered as a Cooperative Society under the 1991 Cooperative Act.
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Reports to: General Manager
No. of vacancies: (01)
Duty Station: Head Office
- Staff recruitment including obtaining job requirements for approval and advertising as per KYAPS policies, verifying applications, short-listing and facilitating the interview process.
- Provide support to the induction process and other training programs in the Society.
- Participate in the management of the staff records including updating personal files, establishing a database for purpose of tracking data, career development skills inventory and Human Resource planning.
- Participate in developing and implementing appropriate SACCO policies and procedures in consultation with the General Manager.
- Participate in the performance management process through monitoring of Employee attendance and punctuality, distributing appraisal forms to all staff and receiving as well as compiling results for the final appraisal report.
- Assist in the leave administration process.
- Development of an employee oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, Talent management and high performance.
- Provide information on Human Resource related matters and respond to employee queries.
- Participate in review of compensation packages and other benefits available to the employees of Kyamuhunga Peoples SACCO.
- Prepare administrative notifications for transfers, promotions, salary adjustments, Salary reviews and nurture a positive working environment.
- Do staff Performance monitoring. Closely identify and evaluate training needs, general HR roles and responsibilities, examine employee performance records to identify the scopes of improvement and recommend training workshops for staff up skilling.
- Bridge Management and employee relations by addressing staff demands, grievances and other issues.
- Advise the General Manager on the KYAPS’ workplace safety to ensure the health and protection of employees.
- Carry out Human Resource Planning by proactive participation in identifying, preparing, and executing business goals with the General Manager.
- Advise the General Manager in Employee related Laws and practices to reduce conflicts and legal issues while improving employee productivity.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time by the General Manager.
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management and or with a postgraduate diploma in Human Resource.
- Should possess 2 principle passes and credits in English and Mathematics at O’ Level.
- Three-year experience in Human Resource Management and Administrative role in a reputable organization.
- Understanding of Human resource management, labour laws, labour relations including disciplinary Process.
- Excellency in conflict management, problem solving and decision-making skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Team building, change management, negotiation, planning, coaching, good time management and innovative.
Between 30 - 45 years
All suitable qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, updated CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for 3 references to;
Finance and Human Resource Committee
Kyamuhunga Peoples Co-operative Savings and Credit Society Ltd.
Kyamuhunga Town Council, 10 kms Ishaka-Kasese Road
P.O Box 371 Bushenyi.
Applications should be submitted not later than 11th July 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.